May 05, 2008

Thank You For The Glass In My Windows

At Hope Bright Future, one of the children was quick to add this to her prayer. 

Humorous-yes. Did God really need to be thanked for glass in the windows? I never have. I take it for granted. In Kenya, glass in the window means light in an otherwise dark room. It is a means to let the sun in and keep malaria infected mosquitoes out. There are numerous benefits to having windows, but in this society, it is a blessing not afforded everyone.

Gratitude: Telling God and others how they have benefited our life.

I write on the subject of gratitude because I see that we are remiss in our attention to this most important act. I know that when someone is genuinely thankful for something I have provided, and expresses that gratitude, I am quick to continue because of their sincerity. How much more is God quick to respond to our thanks?

Do we make it a habit of thanking God and others for the provisions they have bestowed that benefit our life?

In a recent discussion with friends about prayer, I found that the majority go to great length and detail about their needs and requests to God but rarely give much time to thanksgiving.

It is obvious that we need to turn our prayer time up side down and give God the thanks due Him. And, express to others also, as to how they have benefit our lives. Try this for a week and watch the response.