May 20, 2008

Contentment-realizing that God has already provided everything we need for our present happiness.







The people of the Soweto slums on the outskirts of Nairobi taught me a lesson that I and most others have never learned, how to be content with what God has provided.

Paul says, “for I have learned to be content in whatever circumstances I am”.

You will not find a happier people where I spent the day watching children play in rubble or with anything else they could find.

The parents spend their day rummaging through Nairobi’s city dump, scrounging for plastic bags to resell at the market place, used items and magazines to offer for pennies and food for the family.

America is a country where we lack nothing yet we are dissatisfied and always wanting more.

Contentment and gratitude are sisters. One can tell when someone is content with what God has provided by their constant words of giving thanks.