June 28, 2007

What Is God’s Will For My Life

Today, I heard an ad for a local group that was interviewing people about God. They made statements as, “I don’t know if I can know God’s will for my life”, “I would like to know His will”…

My thoughts turned to the question, “what IS His will for my life” and “am I accomplishing that goal”?

I am often asked this question. It appears that many become Christians find themselves lacking purpose. They wander in a Christian haze hoping that someone, some where and in some way will direct them in knowing God’s will.

As a result, some meander down path of the ultra Charismatic or swing the other direction into schemes and ideas that God’s desire is to bless with financial abundance. One seeks physical benefits and the other, emotional. They desire to see the hand of God in their life, God’s direction, God’s prospering but the end is one of want.

Both are amiss.

We have discussed the means to know His will.

I am sure His will for people is individual, unique, and specific, however, in a generic sense, I see in Scripture that it is His will that our energy be directed specifically to one end: …to present every man complete in Christ. Col. 1:28

When we are Born Again, we receive the Holy Spirit and gifts of the Spirit. We are to employ them in serving in our effort to cause others to be complete.

This gives us direction. This gives us purpose.

Are you pursuing that goal?

No comments: