May 10, 2007

Difficult Matters

What does it take for God to get your attention? I find myself getting complacent, relaxed in my walk, not thinking correctly.

God often deals with his people in the area of finances and possessions.

I get financially secure. Bills are paid. Nothing looms over the horizon.

If something happens, I could, with some effort, pay a thousand, maybe two. But, when my car needed repairs this week, it came to nearly $6000.00. I knew I was shouldering a burden when my mood kept fluctuating. I was depressed.

Isn’t that the way God often brings us back to Him. I have to trust in Him again, and not myself. Not my abilities, not what I can produce.

It works for me. I get centered again.

David pens: O Lord, my heart is not proud, nor my eyes haughty; Nor do I involve myself in great matters, Or in things too difficult for me.
Surely I have composed and quieted my soul; like a weaned child rests against his mother; my soul is like a weaned child within me.
O Israel, hope in the Lord from this time forth and forever. Psalm 131

No comments: